Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where is my Mind?

 Today's post is a bit eclectic.  Due to my insane ability to procrastinate to the last possible second on an assignment, yesterday and today have been a mess of my mind not cooperating with my best intentions.  That led to today's outfit being less than inspired. So I'll share yesterday's instead! 


I am a huge fan of mixing fabrics. I think the textured layer look is simply stunning. So I decided to layer one of my favorite lace dresses under a navy blue mixed-fabric button-down shirt dress. I cinched the waisted with a light brown woven belt that was my grandma's. I polished off the look with grey sweater tights, red lipstick and my utility boots.

Lace dress is Free People, shirt dress is Urban Outfitters, tights are from Target, man boots are Payless, belt is a hand me down from Grandma



In other news I saw the lovely Allison Macika on Comm Ave today and couldn't resist grabbing a picture. Her bright yellow dress was an eye-catching dream. I loved its sheer top layer. Accenting it with all black and the the pop of the red bow kept the color of the dress from being overwhelming in the winter. And look how cute her bow flats are! Allison, you looked lovely today.













Finally, here is a little something I saw today that made me happy. A ladder is always a happy symbol to me because I love heights and the idea of ascending. To top it off the sunshine created an ethereal glow at the top of the ladder. A growling stomach was all that stopped me from climbing it.


How do you feel about bright colors in the winter? Love to hear!






xoxo. heather

1 comment:

  1. You should come back maybe start a youtube or something. I think you have both flair and style.

    ReplyDelete