Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Important Things in Life

 Sometimes you need to step back and remember the little things in life that make you happy. Here are some of the things that make my days happy. 
 I LOVE sparkly nail polish. Absolutely, positively LOVE it. I love the way it sparkles in the sun, I love the way it looks like stars have been captured on your nails, I love the way it has a texture. Here are a couple of my sparkly nail polishes: purple, gold and silver. The silver is my favorite.

Rosebud Salve is a life saver. In winter my skin gets all dried out and awful, and this salve makes it all lovely again. It can be used as a lip balm or moisturizer. So quenching. And it smells lovely. I have the Rosebud, Strawberry and Minted Rose.
Utility Boots. They are the best. I love buying shoes from the men's section. I just love man boots. Oh and scarves. Scarves always brighten my day. If my outfit lacks luster, I tie a scarf in my hair and am instantly happier. 
A notebook. I love having one handy to write down thoughts as they come into my head or pictures that I see. Besides, where else can you write those awfully cliché thoughts that make you happy. 

Lipstick. Lipstick is wonderful. I don't wear much makeup but I always wear lipstick. I love matte finishes and rich colors. I am a dabber not a swiper, I think it gives a better color. Nevertheless I love lipstick.
Beautiful perfume bottles. I love glass. As a little kid, I would always get blown glass creatures at the fair or Disneyland or where ever I could. Now I love glass perfume bottles. I love the delicate designs and the way light filters through the colors. 
What makes you happy? Share your little things!

xoxo. heather






No comments:

Post a Comment